Close to Home’s mission is to foster community-wide responsibility to prevent and reduce the impact of domestic violence. We are building and supporting networks of community residents and organizations in local neighborhoods that want to take action and address the problem of domestic violence together. Close to Home believes that domestic violence is a critical community issue and that all community members—youth, residents, families, friends, neighbors, civic leaders, and organizational partners—are essential to designing and implementing the solutions to the problem.
Close to Home seeks to create opportunities for people and organizations to:
• Learn about domestic violence in their community,
• Discuss and reflect on domestic violence in their lives and communities,
• Develop skills to respond to and prevent domestic violence,
• Develop and implement solutions to domestic violence, and
• Build strong meaningful connections with each other.
Close to Home is leveraging the success of our local community engagement work to influence domestic violence prevention practice and policy locally and nationally.